Federal Skilled Trades Program
In order to qualify to apply as a Federal Skilled Tradesperson you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you make an application
- Meet the job requirements for the skilled trade you are applying under
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year from a Canadian Employer ORa certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority (foreign trade qualifications do not count)
- If you do not meet either of these criteria you will not be eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- Obtain the required CLB levels in all sections of an approved language test
- Have the required settlement funds for your family size