This week we have received several calls about Trans Global Migration operating out of Rivonia, South Africa. The company’s website states they do immigration applications to Canada.
They do not advertise that they work with any authorized representatives of any kind.
When asked who their representative was and they stated telephonically that “they do not use a Canadian or any representative at all. They would only consult such a person if they would need to appeal a case if someone was not accepted.”
As per the law anyone who gives Canadian Immigration advise for a fee, or submits an application on your behalf for a fee must be one of the three people mentioned below or they are actually working illegally, which could harm your application.
As per Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website:
Only some people can charge a fee or receive any other type of payment to represent or advise you on a Canadian immigration or citizenship proceeding or application. These are:
- lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
- notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and
- citizenship or immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.
These people are called “authorized” representatives.
CIC will not deal with representatives who charge for their services and are not members of one of the above groups.
If you pay a representative, they must be authorized if they:
- act on your behalf during an immigration or citizenship proceeding by speaking for you,
- help you choose the best immigration stream or
- fill out any forms.
If you require any assistance, contact us today:
Office: +27(0)11 011 9022