How To Study in Canada?
How to study in Canada, what do you need to know? In order to study in Canada, you first need to be accepted to an eligible Canadian Educational Institution and receive an official acceptance letter. If you have not been accepted into an eligible Canadian Educational Institution then you cannot apply for a Canadian Study Permit.
After your application has been accepted by the educational institution, you will have to apply for a study permit from the Canadian government. A study permit is only issued for a temporary period of time to allow you to complete your studies and does not allow you to immigrate to Canada from South Africa.
How to study in Canada – Find out more
Not all educational programs require a study permit. The need for a study permit depends on the duration and level of the program you have been accepted into. Typically, any educational program which is less than six months in duration does not require a study permit.
Should you need to obtain a study permit, you will need to submit a number of application forms and supporting documents for yourself and any accompanying family members.
Some of the required documentation that should be included with your study permit application forms include:
• A letter of acceptance from the educational institution in Canada to prove that you have been accepted to study at the institution.
• Proof that you will have enough funds to cover your tuition and living expenses in Canada for the duration of your studies. If you will be accompanied to Canada by a spouse or children the amount of money you will need to show will increase.
• A study plan outlining why you have chosen to study in Canada and not your country of origin
Want to chat about how to studying on Canada with us?
- You can fill in a free assessment – click HERE
- You can find us on Facebook – click HERE
- You can find us on Twitter – click HERE
- You can find us on Instagram – click HERE