On April 10th, 2015 Citizenship and Immigration Canada did their 7th draw under Express Entry and handed out 925 Invitations to Apply.
For the third time in a row, Express Entry continued to select those without a job offer or a provincial nomination. The minimum score for selection in round 7 however increased for the first time since the draws began. The minimum score for this round was 469, and increase of 16 points.
While this appears to be slight curve ball, it makes perfect sense considering that the Express Entry System accepts applicants on a rolling basis. While the last draw saw the minimum score selected being 453, between March 27th and April 10th applicants from around the world entered the pool and many of those applicants likely had score higher than the last minimum selection, which would cause the minimum score to increase. While it was not a large increase, it was still the first increase we have seen since Express Entry opened.
The 7th draw results are still great news however for those already in the pool, or getting ready to enter the pool without a job offer or provincial nomination.
Previous Draws were as follows:
- January 31st, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 886
- February 7th, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 818
- February 20th, 2015 – 849 invitations – Minimum score of 808
- February 27th, 2015 – 1187 invitations – Minimum score of 735
- March 20th, 2015 – 1620 invitations – Minimum score of 481
- March 27th, 2015 – 1637 invitation – Minimum score of 453
Total invitations to date = 7,776
Contact us today to find out if Express Entry is for you!