On May 22nd, 2015 Citizenship and Immigration Canada did their 9th draw under Express Entry and handed out 1,361 Invitations to Apply.
Many people have asked what they mean by “draw”. They simply use that term for when they select individuals from the Express Entry Pool based on their Comprehensive Ranking System Score. You can read more about that process here:
The minimum score for selection in round 9 increased this time as opposed to the last few draws, where we saw a decrease. The minimum score for this round was 755.
There is no need to panic for those of you in the pool without a job offer or nomination. We expect to see this trend throughout the year as Provinces begin to hand out nominations. This month alone we saw several Provincial programs open up, which has lead to the increased score in this draw. The important thing to keep in mind is that those selected as a Provincial Nominee will now effect the CAPS for the other programs.
Previous Draws were as follows:
- January 31st, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 886
- February 7th, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 818
- February 20th, 2015 – 849 invitations – Minimum score of 808
- February 27th, 2015 – 1187 invitations – Minimum score of 735
- March 20th, 2015 – 1620 invitations – Minimum score of 481
- March 27th, 2015 – 1637 invitation – Minimum score of 453
- April 10th, 2015 – 925 invitations – Minimum score of 469
- April 17th, 2015 – 715 invitations – Minimum score of 453
Total invitations to date = 9,852
Find out if you may be eligible today by completing our Free Assessment! Know a friend who may be interested? Feel free to pass on the link below!